Important Change to GOKZ?

What mode should we have on the KZ Climb server?

• KZTimer

Votes: 3 60.0%
  • GOKZ (kzt, skz, vnl)

Votes: 2 40.0%

• Total voters

Vincent

Staff member
Administrator
Premium
Do you want us to change mode from KZTimer to GOKZ on the KZ Climb server?

sNs

I believe having both on different servers is alright as it is, if one HAD to go then yea gokz is the better mode to have.

Vincent

Staff member
Administrator
Premium
I believe having both on different servers is alright as it is, if one HAD to go then yea gokz is the better mode to have.
The big problem for me is that we have many server crashes on our KZ Timer server.

But how about one server with low-tier maps and another server with all global maps?

Would it be a better idea? Or do you have any other suggestions? :)

sNs

Are there specific maps causing the crashes or does it happen randomly? I notice the server sometimes resets to the map kz_stuff_final which I assume happens after a crash. I'm probably gonna be biased on this since I have the most completed maps on the the kzt server and it would suck to see it go. That said I'll stand by gokz being the better option.

Vincent

Staff member
Administrator
Premium
Are there specific maps causing the crashes or does it happen randomly? I notice the server sometimes resets to the map kz_stuff_final which I assume happens after a crash. I'm probably gonna be biased on this since I have the most completed maps on the the kzt server and it would suck to see it go. That said I'll stand by gokz being the better option.
It's random crashes after a while due to memory leaks in their global plugin. The plugin uses too much memory on the server. I understand it would be really bad for you now when you have many records. But remember to think about what you would prefer in the long term. I mean when you are almost done on a long map and the server crashes.

I have tried to move the kztimer records from our KZ Climb server into a gokz database, but there is a lot of changes and unfortunately I don't think it is possible to move the replays.